GAME WITH BLACK'S TEAM TO BE PLAYED AT NEWPORT

Place Changed Because of Interference With Yale Freshman Contest on Soldiers Field.

The informal eleven tested its offensive power against the Navy Yard team in a long workout yesterday afternoon. No opportunity was given the sailors to carry the ball so that no comparison of the teams can be made. By line drives and off-tackle plays the informals carried the ball across the line three times from the middle of the field. A. Horween '20, scored two of the touchdowns, and it. Hoffman '19, the other.

The informals showed more power in their attack yesterday than any day for the past week. The weakness in forward passing was still noticeable, however, the navy forwards breaking up most of the informals' attempts.

The game between the Second Naval District team and the informal University originally scheduled to be played on Soldiers Field November 17 has been transferred to the Naval Reserve station in Newport on the same date. The University management offered to release the sailors from their contract to play the informals in order that a Naval Reserve-Navy Yard game might be arranged on that date. C. R. Black, captain of the Naval Reserves and also captain of the 1916 Yale eleven, did not care, however, to take advantage of this offer, with the result that the original plan will be adhered to. In order that there may be no interference with the Yale-Harvard Freshman game to be played in the Stadium November 17 the place of the game was changed to Newport.

Preparation for the Princeton-Freshman game consisted of a stiff workout of the 1921 squad yesterday. Coach Wallace put two elevens through their entire assortment of plays, emphasizing the forward pass. Several changes have been made in the team this week to strengthen the line. J. Gaston '21, has been moved from tackle to end supplanting G. C. Lee '21, and W. B. Frothingham '21, has been shifted from guard to Gaston's former position. C. S. Stillman '21, comes from the second team to take Frothingham's place. The composition of the backfield in Saturday's game is still undetermined. T. C. Wales '21, R. S. Humphrey '21, and A. D. Hamilton '21, will probably start with either F. B. Lothrop '21, J. A. MacDonnell '21, or C. B. Butterfield '21, in the fourth position.