RIFLE TEAM MAY BE ORGANIZED

Meeting at H. A. A. Monday Night at 7 For Those Interested.

A meeting of all members of the University, both Freshmen and upperclassmen, interested in the formation of a rifle team, will be held at the office of the H. A. A. next Monday evening, December 17, at 7 o'clock. F. W. Moore '93, Graduate Treasurer of the University Athletic Association, has issued the following statement regarding such a team: "I have had several inquiries about the formation of a rifle team, and while rifle teams in the past have never been directly organized by the Athletic Association, I should be glad to promote the formation of one this year, especially as the men who acted as officers last year have all left College. Under present conditions it is certainly advisable that as many men as possible take an interest in this sport."

Last season candidates for the rifle team were not called out until February 20, when a series of matches with other colleges was arranged, but the advent of the war caused the abandonment of the sport. Two years ago the University rifle team was a member of the National Rifle Association, a league of those colleges which had teams in the field. The colleges were divided into classes according to the calibre of their teams, and the University was put in class C when the sport was first organized. The difficulty with this was that Yale, Princeton, and Cornell were not in the same class; accordingly, the rifle management last year decided to break away from the league in order to hold matches with these three institutions.