HARVARD UNIT SAILS TODAY

SCHEDULED TO LEAVE NEW YORK TO JOIN FIELD SERVICE IN FRANCE.

An official Harvard unit of the American Field Service, composed almost exclusively of members or recent graduates of the University, is scheduled to sail today from New York for France. Of the 25 men in the unit, 24 are from the University. This contingent, enlisted primarily for ambulance work, will serve as a separate unit throughout the duration of the war.

Whether or not the unit will engage in truck transportation work while abroad depends upon the decision of Dr. A. P. Andrew '95, inspector-general of the American Field Service, for he has been requested by the French Government to enlist as many as possible of the men in his ambulance corps in the French truck service. It is on account of the participation of some of the members of the American Ambulance Field Service in such truck work that the organization has just changed its name to the American Field Service.

The University unit will go to Bordeaux on the steamer Touraine, of the French Line, and from Bordeaux will proceed immediately to Paris. Five other ambulance units, two from Yale, two from Dartmouth, and one from Tufts, will also take passage on the Touraine.

The personnel of the official Harvard unit is as follows: C. W. Adams '18, J. O. Beebe '16, J. L. Bigelow 1L, W. J. Bingham '16, O. H. Bourdon, R. van W. Buel '18, H. B. Curry '20, R. A. Curtis '20, H. H. Dadmun '17, H. H. Davis '17, G. G. Emmons 1L, A. B. Frenning '20, J. J. Frenning '16, K. S. Gaston '18, H. Goodspeed 1L, G. Harris '18, J. D. Hutchinson '19, A. E. MacDougall '18, E. A. Manning '16, H. W. Shepard '19, P. Squibb '18, J. R. Stuart '18, D. C. Wendell 1G, H. C. Wiswall '18 and J Wooldredge 1GB.