TO ELECT 7 OVERSEERS

4518 VOTES CAST

The postal ballot for the nomination of candidates for the Board of Overseers resulted in the selection of the following 14 graduates, whose names are given in the order of the number of votes they received:

Henry Cabot Lodge '71, of Nahant; Paul Revere Frothingham '86, of Boston; Ira Nelson Hollis, A.M. (hon.) '99, of Worcester; George Wigglesworth '74, of Milton; Charles Franklin Thwing '76, of Cleveland; Francis Randall Appleton '75, of New York City; Joseph Lee '83, of Boston; Julian William Mack, LL.B. '87, of Chicago; William Cowper Boyden '86, of Chicago; Charles Allerton Coolidge '81, of Boston; Benjamin Bowditch Thayer '85, of New York City; Minot Simons '91, of Cleveland; James Handasyd Perkins '98, of New York City; Henry Jackson '80, of Boston.

From this number seven new members of the Board of Overseers will be elected at Commencement: five for the full term of six years; and two others to fill the vacancies caused by the deaths of William DeWitt Hyde '79 and Evert Jansen Wendell '82, whose terms would have expired, respectively, in 1921 and 1920. The total number of ballots received in this postal ballot, which has been carried on during the past two months, was 4,518, of which 102 were invalid. Last year the corresponding figures were 5,580 and 114.

For the Commencement election the names of the candidates will be printed on the ballot in the order in which they are arranged above. The five who receive the largest number of votes will be elected for the full term of six years, and the sixth and seventh in number of votes will be elected to fill the un-expired terms of Dr. Hyde and Mr. Wendell.

On April 2 the nominating committee of the Alumni Association presented 24 names of candidates. As the result of the postal ballot ten of those graduates were eliminated from the final ballot.