TUFTS OPPOSES TEAM OF UNIVERSITY SUBS

REGULARS SEE ELIS PLAY

Against a University team made up of substitutes, Tufts will send into the game in the Stadium today at 2 o'clock the strongest eleven she has played on the gridiron this year. From a weak squad in the beginning, Coach Whelan of the visitors has constructed a team which is said to equal the usual formidable Tufts aggregation.

As the Yale game follows, a week from today, the University regulars will be given a rest, and several of them, including W. J. Murray Occ., C. A. Clark, Jr., Occ., and E. L. Casey Occ., will watch the Yale-Princeton contest at New Haven. Many of the substitutes who have not had a chance to show their ability since the early games of the season will be given an opportunity today. Placing R. K. Kane '22 at end is a change made during the last week. At the other wing M. Phinney Occ., who has not played since early in the year, will start the game.

Not only these ends, but the rest of the team as well, will have their hands full in guarding against the complicated passes for which the visitors are well known. Thus far no combination of University ends and backs has succeeded very well in defending their territory from inroads by means of an aerial attack.