CAPTAIN TILTON'S TEAM WON VICTORY BY 1-0 SCORE

Springfield Y. M. C. A. Soccer Men Put Up Stronger Game Than Their Gridiron Brothers

The University soccer team defeated the fast Springfield Y. M. C. A. College players, 1 to 0, in a hard-fought contest on Soldiers Field Saturday afternoon. The game, which was by far the best yet played this season, was closely contested throughout, but particularly during the first half, the ball shifting continually from one side to the other, owing to the superiority of Harvard's defense as matched against the better offensive play of Springfield.

In the second half, however, the University offense took a brace, and with the improved team work they were able to invade the opponents territory. In the last 10 minutes of play P. Fisher '20, in following up the long drive of R. E. Henderson '20, at the Springfield goal, was able to stop the ball on the rebound and drive it between the posts for the only score.

In addition to Fisher's work, the offensive playing of V. B. Kellett Occ. was largely responsible for the University's victory, while the dependable defense of Captain Gardner Tilton '20 and J. Glaser '20 kept the Springfield rushes from becoming too dangerous. For the visitors, Captain Norton and Mazeski did most creditable work.