THE BROOKS HOUSE REPORTS.

The annual reports of the President and Heads of Committees of the Phillips Brooks House Association which we publish this morning tell a story of remarkable adaptability and achievement. From the long list of various good works accomplished and plans of growth fulfilled, one cannot but gather an impression of extraordinary energy and activity on the part of those connected with the Association. Surely a University institution which not only held its own during the trying conditions of war-time but at the same time definitely and in a variety of ways increased the field of its activity cannot but deserve the warmest possible support of all Harvard men.

Continuing at the same time its quiet work in behalf of all members of the University, the Association turned. Brooks House into a Hostess House and Information Bureau for all men in service. It also conducted a hut and canteen in connection with the Naval Radio School, until the Y. M. C. A. took over the work in August. During the autumn it fitted up the Speakers' Club as a canteen for S. A. T. C. men, and provided entertainment of a high order in weekly plays given by the 47 Workshop in the Hasty Pudding Theatre. About $40,000 was collected from the S. A. T. C. as part of the United War Works Campaign, and four hundred subscriptions were secured in a brief membership campaign for the Red Cross. "Never before," the President's report tells us, "has the House itself been used by so many people and so many organizations" as during the year just past.

After reading these reports we cannot help but feel a renewed interest in and admiration for the ever-growing work carried on by the Phillips Brooks House Association. We print the reports today in the hope that as many members of the University as possible will read them. For to read them is to feel as we do. They are a record of the phenomenal progress and well-deserved success of a work assumed unselfishly and thoroughly well done.