2ND FRESHMEN WIN ON RIVER

ONE AND A HALF LENGTHS AHEAD OF TEACH YEARLINGS OVER 1 7-8 MILE COURSE.

In a close race over the mile and seven-eight's course on the Charles yesterday afternoon, the second Freshman crew defeated the first M. I. T. freshmen by one and half lengths. Up to the first mile, the race was very even, but towards the end, the 1922 boat established its lead which the Tech oarsmen were unable to overcome.

Three new men are rowing on the University C eight. G. L. Batchelder '19 and W. DeFord '21 are now seated in that boat, H. R. Atkinson '21 and D. H. Morris, Jr. '21 having replaced them on B. R. W. Gratwick '21, who up to now has been rowing on the class and club crews, has also been given a place on the C boat.

All men who wish to row in the invitation regatta next week on organized club crews, should leave their names at Randolph 32 (Cambridge 3360) before noon on Monday. All other desiring to enter the regatta in sniggle or double shells, should sign the proper blue-books which have been place in Leavitt & Peirce's and at both the Weld and Newell Boat Houses, as soon as possible.