For Harvard Self-Respect.

Communications

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

We want to protest first against a Harvard publication descending to such a low level of deceney as to attack a Harvard instructor in so personal and disrespectful a way. Vile slander such as the Lampoon has indulged in had better not appear in print, both for the sake of Harvard's self-respect and reputation.

We wish also to protest against the point of view the Lampoon expressed toward a man of so-called radical trend especially at this time when the tendency is, in attempting to crush all activities which lead to violence, to destroy that freedom of thought and discussion through which progress is achieved under our form of government. We doubt whether this unsportsmanlike outbreak against Mr. Laski has the backing of the student body. And even if it has, that would hardly bring it within the bounds of decency. In sport, whatever opinion a person may have of Mr. Laski, all must agree that the Lampoon's action is not the action of gentlemen. MORTIMER L. ANSON '22.   F. OTTO KOENIG, JR., '22,   ALFRED E. MIRSKY '22,   CHING-CHUNG LOWE 2G.B.,   GEORGE HANSON '21,   R. B. SMITH '22   FRANCIS W. MCKINNON '22,   P. ALGER '22,   H. B. BROSS '22.