"THEY SHALL NOT PASS!"

Though Constitutional Prohibition be ruled unconstitutional, though the Secretory of the Navy admit he once made a mistake, yea even though Senator Lodge should support President Wilson for a third term, one thing remains immutable. Amid the turmoil and change of these perilous times, the Yard is blessed with those venerable board walks which are its sacred heritage from antiquity.

And such walks! We can imagine John Harvard himself, with his hands folded, followed by students in column of file, sedately stalking by Sever, meditating the while upon the beauties of Memorial Hall. We can picture the architect who designed these walks leaning back with a malicious smile as he visualized two students arm in arm, meeting two others, and muttering fiendishly to himself, "They shall not pass!"

Away with these bygone days! With debates on the League of Nations, strikes, and professional football, we should like to consign them to the nethermost fire! We want more and wider pathways; a dry and firm footing on the road to knowledge. Our platform has but four planks--all of them to be used to widen the present walks.