100 FRESHMEN REPORT FOR FALL CREW WORK

UNIVERSITY MEN OUT TODAY

Fall rowing for Freshmen started yesterday afternoon with a meeting which was held in the Weld Boat House at 4 o'clock. Over 100 members from the class of 1924 reported at the meeting, which was addressed first by Captain L. B. McCagg Jr., '22, who outlined the work which is planned for the fall season. Coach William Haines, who spoke afterwards gave a short talk in which he wished the Freshmen good luck in their coming season. Dr. H. R. Howe Jr., '04 the last speaker, gave the men a talk on the great necessity for obeying the orders of the coaches, of discipline, and of an enthusiasm to work hard.

Inexperienced Men Work on Machines

All men who have had no previous experience in rowing in a shell will practice on the machines for a week or two until they have thoroughly learned the rudiments of the work, when they will be assigned to crews to go on the river. Practice will take place five times a week, on every day except Saturday. The work will continue all fall until cold weather comes, when it will end with the annual fall regatta. Men who could not come out yesterday, but who are anxious to take up rowing this fall, are urged to report at the Weld Boat House this afternoon. Anyone will be able to enroll, however, for several more days, if he cannot come out this afternoon. More freshmen managers are asked to report, as it is an excellent opportunity to gain experience for the spring competition. Many more coxwains are also needed. The crew practice will fulfill all compulsory physical training requirements. Members of last year's first Freshmen crew should bring their clothes with them.

University Candidates Out Today

University crew candidates will report this afternoon at 4 at the Newell Boat House, when Captain McCagg and and Coach Haines will explain the fall season in detail. All who intend to come out are asked to attend this meeting so that crews may be formed without delay. Members of last year's crew should bring their clothes when they report.