FRESHMEN HARRIERS ALSO COMPETE AT NEW HAVEN

UNIVERSITY TEAM SELECTED

In addition to the Intercollegiate cross-country Meet to be held at New Haven on Saturday morning, there will be a Freshman race at 11 o'clock in which ten colleges will be represented: Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Lafayette, M. I. T., Pennsylvania, Penn State, Princeton, Syracuse and Yale, have all entered teams. The Freshmen will run over the first mile-and-a-half of the Regular course and will then return over the same ground.

The Yale Yearlings are the favorites in Saturday's race as they have been undefeated throughout their entire season. Captain M. K. Douglass, an old Exeter star, and Hilles, are the mainstays of the 1924 Eli team. Douglass has met with little or no competition so far and it looks as though individual honors would go to this runner. Captain E. E. Schefer of the University is the most dangerous contender from Cambridge. He finished third in the dual meet with Yale, behind Douglass and Hilles, and it would not be surprising to see those three men cross the tape in those places on Saturday. The Freshman entries from the University are as follows: A. S. Coburn, P. Gossler, C. Newhall, W. C. Prescott, Captain E. E. Schefer, D. H. Wallace, J. C. White.

University Runners Listed

The following members of the University cross-country squad have been selected to make up the University entry at New Haven: Capt. F. G. Bemis '22, C. E. Dexter '22, C. E. Reycroft '22, H. L. Pratt '23, J. G. Winchester '23, H. Mahon '22.