THE WORKSHOP

For the first time in its history the 47 Workshop has opened its doors to all members of the University. In the recently announced competition in scenery and stage-designing anyone who wishes to compete will be considered eligible, and will be given the same consideration as members of the Workshop.

Professor Baker is to be congratulated. This new step will make his Workshop more helpful than ever in the University, and at the same time will increase and strengthen the stock of talent from which it may draw. The new competition will not only give all students a greater opportunity to share in the benefits of this course, but may also prove to be an opening wedge for chances in other branches of the drama as well.

Nor is this all. The Workshop has done even more to generalize its influence, and spread its ideals beyond its own doorstep. A group of men and women, trained by Professor Baker, is to be held in readiness to act as dramatic coaches for any amateur acting organization which may care to ask for advice or assistance. In thus sending competent representatives from its fold, the Workshop is doing much to broaden its sphere of activities, and at the same time to assist in educating the actors and public of tomorrow in the appreciation of all that is best on the stage.

The Workshop has been successful from its first inception; but with the announcement of its new policy, it has entered upon an even greater epoch in its career.