Volunteers for Grenfell Meeting Wanted

Communication

(The Crimson invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility, however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the right to exclude any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

On Tuesday next, November 23rd, in Symphony Hall, there will be held a mass meeting of those interested in the work of Dr. Wilfred T. Grenfell, on whom the University has conferred an honorary degree. At this meeting the University Glee Club will sing, Dr. Grenfell will speak, and some remarkable moving pictures of life in Newfoundland and Labrador will be shown. The meeting is called for the express purpose of helping to endow the chain of hospitals serving deep-sea fishermen. Doubtless many Harvard men, including those who have aided Dr. Grenfell in the field, will attend this meeting. The Endowment Committee needs the help of forty of these men in the distribution and collection of pledge cards. Seats (free) are reserved for such volunteers, who should report at the Hall (Massachusetts avenue entrance) at five minutes to eight on the evening of the meeting. Formal dress is not necessary. I shall be glad to have the names of such volunteers before Monday evening next. Write to me at 23 Hawthorn street, or telephone Cambridge 142-W. PROFESSOR R. A. DALY. November 17.