COACH BINGHAM TO CALL OUT TRACK MEN FOR WINTER SEASON

PLAN GYMNASIUM WORK TO CONDITION CINDER MEN

On Monday afternoon at four o'clock the Hemenway Gymnasium there will be a meeting of all men who intend to come out for either winter or spring track. At this meeting, Captain D. F. O'Connell '21, Coach "Pooch" Donovan, and W. J. Bingham '16 will outline the work that will be done this winter both in the gymnasium and on the board track.

It is planned to have the squad work out in the gymnasium at 4 P. M. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This work will be preparatory to, and will do much to condition the men for track this winter. One or two "H" or "H. A. A." men will be in each class to help direct the work and, when the weather permits, to take the men out for a run. The field event men will also be given some of this gymnasium work in addition to their practice in the baseball cage. In all probability these classes will continue until the Christmas vacation.

Winter Schedule Not Yet Complete.

As yet definite arrangements for the triangular meet between Cornell, Dartmouth, and the University, which will be held in conjunction with the New England A. A. U. games, have not been completed but will probably be held in the new Boston Arena on the twenty-sixth of February. On February the fifth, the B. A. A. games will take place in the Arena and the University will be represented in the relay and other events. Later in the month, a dual meet will be held on the board track with M. I. T. Besides this, there will be several invitation meets in both January and February in which the University team will compete. The winter season will end with an intra-mural carnival on the board track in the first part of March.

If it is decided to allow the track team to take a Southern trip during the spring vacation, meets will probably be held with Annapolis, Georgetown, John Hopkins, Penn State or the University of Virginia.

Spring Schedule Given.

The schedule for the spring season is as follows:

April 29 and 30--The Penn Relays in Philadelphia.

May 7--M. I. T. at Soldiers Field.

May 14--Yale at New Haven.

May 21--Princeton at Soldiers Field.

May 27 and 28--The intercollegiates which in all probability will be held in the Stadium.

Although quite a few letter men graduated there will be a great deal of excellent material available which should shape up into one of the best track teams which the University has had in several years. Captain D. F. O'Connell '21, intercollegiate mile champion in 1919, will again captain the team. But besides him, Coach Donovan will have the following letter men around whom to form a team: E. O. Gourdin '21, who showed up well in last year's intercollegiates, in the sprints and broad jumps; R. W. Harwood '21, a member of the Olympic team last summer, in the pole-valut; C. G. Knogness '21 who was ineligible last season, in the hurdles and high jump; and R Chute '22, who placed against Yale last season in the quarter, for the middle distances. R. W. Whitney '22, J. A. McCarty '22, and R. W. Fitts '23, although not letter men, are also exceptionally fast and reliable, and will be eligible this season. Then too, the team will be materially strengthened by the addition of the following stars from last year's freshman team: W. H. Churchill and R. D. Howard, in the sprints, J. E. Kennedy in the middle distances, and W. C. Bennett, H. L. Pratt, and J. G. Winchester in the longer distances.

The weights will be taken care of by J. R. Tolbert '22, unclassified last year, J. F. Brown '22, ineligible on account of studies last season, and H. R. Davis '23.