"39 EAST"

Captivating Comedy from Long Run in New York Comes to Wilbur Theatre, Boston, Feb. 16.

Messrs. Lee and J. J. Shubert will present Rachael Crothers comedy, "39 East," with Henry Hull and Constance Binney and a brilliant supporting company, at the Wilbur Theatre, Boston, beginning Monday, February 16th, with matinees on Wednesday and Saturday. This comedy was seen all last season at the Broadhurst and Maxine Eliott Theatres. A new comedy by Rachel Crothers, the authoress of "Old Lady 31," "The Three of Us," "A Man's World, and "A Little Journey," is a matter of unusual interest in the theatrical world. The Messrs. Shubert brought together a particularly fine cast for this Rachel Crothers' comedy. Henry Hull, who is featured with Miss Binney, made a truly astonishing hit in Jules Eckhart Goodman's play, "The Man Who Came Back,' a year or so ago. He has a particularly fine role in Miss Crothers' comedy. Constance Binney is a young actress who hade a great success in recent time in "Oh Lady, Lady." Miss Binney is not only an excellent actress, but a dancer of renown. Other important members of the cast are Alison Skipworth, Lucille Moore, Edith Gresham, Mildred Arden, Blanche Frederici, Victor Sutherland and Albert Carroll. "39 East" is a springtime love story of New York of the present time. Miss Crothers' comedy is in three acts and narrates the story of a young girl from the West who comes to New York to make her fortune. She takes up quarters at a fashionable boarding house, "39 East," where only the "best people" resort. There are very many quaint and unusual characters in the comedy.