TWO PROFESSORSHIPS FOUNDED AT HARVARD

CHANGES IN LAW SCHOOL

Two new endowed professorships have been established at the University and their first occupants have been elected by the governing boards.

One is the George F. Baker Professorship in Economics, endowed by Mr. George F. Baker, Jr., '99, of New York City, during the recent Endowment Fund Campaign. Professor Charles J. Bullock, who has been a member of the teaching staff here since 1903, and a Professor of Economics since 1908, has been chosen to the Baker Professorship. The other chair is the Charles Wilder Professorship in Preventive Medicine and Hygiene, endowed by the late Charles Wilder and Miss P. E. Wilder, of Cambridge. The occupant of this chair will be Dr. Milton, J. Roseneau '14, who has been on the staff of the Harvard Medical School since 1909. Dr. Roseneau is a distinguished sanatarian and an authority on Bacteriology, whose studies in tropical diseases and other subjects relating to public health won him in 1913 the gold medal of American Medicine for service to humanity.

Prof. Warren Weld Professor.

Three changes have been made in the historic endowed professorships of the Harvard Law School. Edward H. Warren, hitherto Story Professor, is now appointed to the Weld Professorship, held by Samuel Williston '82 until his recent appointment to the famous Dane chair. Austin W. Scott '09 succeeded Prof. Warren in the Story Professorship, established in 1875, named in honor of Joseph Story, and held in the past among others by John Chipman Gray '81, Jeremiah Smith '56 and Roscoe Pound. Joseph Warren '97 is appointed to the Bussey Professorship, which has been vacant since the registration of Professor Brannan.

A. S. Dewing '02, hitherto Lecturer in Corporation Finance and Instructor in Economics, has been appointed Assistant Professor and Tutor in Economics.

Five other Tutors in Economics have been appointed: A. E. Monroe '08, A. H. Cole, R. S. Meriam '14, Niles Carpenter and W. A. Berridge '14. These five men will have also the title of Instructor.

Lindsay Rogers becomes Lecturer in Government and Tutor in Government.