TEMPORARY CHANGE IN CRIMSON CREW LINE-UPS

YALE COVERS CORSE IN 21 : 33

RED TOP, CONN., June 16.--With the time of the race fast approaching, the two coaches are working at top speed to put the finishing touches on the crews. Although the Yale coach, Guy Nickalls, has repeatedly given out the times his eights have made, Coach Halnes has refrained from so doing, even to the University oarsmen themselves.

There are several changes in the line-ups of the crews today, although they are only temporary. R. K. Kane '22, who has been rowing at No. 3 in the first boat, was given a brief rest today because of boils, his place being taken by Sherman Damon '21, who has been rowing at bow in the second eight. J. N. Borland '21 is taking Damon's place, while D. H. Morris '21 has replaced S. A. Duncan '22 at 6, also in the second boat.

This morning the crews went for an easy row down-stream two miles and back. Coach Herbert Haines was in charge of the 1923 eight, and spent most of the time having the crew practice starts, ending up by a brisk row over a two-mile stretch, for which no time was taken. In the afternoon the three crews went for a six-mile row down stream, going at an easy pace. On the way back, in a short brush, the University boat led the Freshman and Second shells by a scant length.

Yale Crew Has Time Trial

The rest of the afternoon was centered upon the time trial of the Yale crews. Entirely unsuspecting the scheduled trials, Coaches William Haines and Paul Withington went out in a pair oar for exercise, and found themselves in a most advantageous position to watch the Yale crews in action at close hand. The Blue oarsmen rowed a long slow stroke at about 30 to the minute, raising it at the end of the stretch to 36. The conditions of the water were excellent, as there was neither wind nor tide to interfere with the course of the row. The time, as given out by Yale headquarters at Gales Ferry was 21 minutes and 33 seconds, a less satisfactory result than the trial of a few days past.