SLUGGING WESTERNERS FACE UNIVERSITY MEN IN STIFF GAME TODAY

FELTON STARTS PITCHING AGAINST ELLISON TODAY

The University will represent the East against the West for the third time within a year when the baseball team plays the University of California on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock this afternoon. The visiting team arrived from New York yesterday, and after playing Boston College in the afternoon, spent the night at the Harvard Club.

After winning the championship of the Pacific Coast in their regular spring season, the Westerners started on their overland journey the second week of May, playing games nearly every day. In spite of many nights in Pullman cars and meeting some of the strongest teams in the East, they have succeeded in winning all but three games. The team is now batting at the remarkable figure of .300.

The record of the games which they have played follows:

May 15--California 13, University of Utah 4.

May 17--California 10, University of Wyoming 0.

May 18--California 21, Midwest Refining C., Denver, 5.

May 19--California 0, University of Nebraska 1.

May 21--California 9, University of Illinois 5.

May 22--California 11, University of Detroit 2.

May 23--California 17, University of Detroit 5.

May 25--California 0, University of Michigan 4.

May 27--California 12, Syracuse 5.

May 29--California 15, Orescent A. C. 7.

May 31--California 2, Fordham 6.

It is interesting to note that in their first seven games they scored 81 runs.

Among others, games with Princeton and Dartmouth are still on their schedule. And a week from today they play the University again here.

Yesterday afternoon California added one more to its list of victories when she trimmed Boston College 13-9. The contest was anybody's game through the ninth session. Then in the 10th inning, with the score 9-9. California crashed through with four runs. Collecting 17 hits the Western nine revealed itself to be a hard-hitting aggregation although a little unsteady in the field.

Cosch Slattery is making no change today in the line up which has brought the University out of its long slump with a rush by serving four victories in a little more than a week three of the victories being over nines of recognized strength. L. P. Jones '20, who with eleven chances at bat and five hits, has bassed at .455 in the last three games, will continue on the initial sack.