PUBLICIST FROM WEST TO LECTURE IN UNION TONIGHT

MEETING UNDER STUDENT LIBERAL CLUB AUSPICES

Under the auspices of the Union and the Liberal Club, William Allen White will speak at 8.00 tonight in the Living Room of the Union. His subject will be "The Farce of Political Parties in the United States." This is the eighth of the Union's series of main lectures, and is open to all members of the Union. Professor Bliss Perry of the English Department will introduce the speaker.

Preceding the speech a dinner will be given in Mr. White's honor by the Liberal Club. This will be Mr. White's only public appearance in the vicinity.

Mr. White has been editor of the Emporia Daily and Weekly Gazette since 1895, and is a well-known figure in Western political and newspaper circles. From 1912 to 1916 he took an active part in the struggles of the Progressive party, and last summer he was a delegate to the Republican National Convention at Chicago. Shortly after the Convention he published a very interesting account of it, showing the political situation of this country, and telling how he voted on each ballot and his reasons for so doing. During the war Mr. White was an observer for the Red Cross in France, a reporter at the Peace Conference at Paris, and an American delegate at the Allied Conference with the Bolshevists at Prinkipo, so that he is in a position to discuss the political situation most thoroughly. Mr. White is also the author of several books, the best known of which are "In the Heart of a Fool," "The Old Order Changeth," and "The Martial Adventures of Henry and Me."