PLAN RECEPTION TO GLEE CLUB AT UNION

Will Entertain Members Who Were on European Trip Next Wednesday--Dr. Davison to Speak--Will Show Slides and Moving Pictures of Trip

Next Wednesday evening at 8 o'clock there will be held, in the Living Room of the Union, a reception for those men of the University Glee Club who were on the European trip last summer and are still in Cambridge. At 6.30 on the same evening, a dinner will be given in their honor in the Trophy Room by the governing board.

At the reception, Dr. Davison '06, director of the Glee Club, will deliver an address on the tour, while fifty slides taken in various places on the Club's trip will be thrown on the screen, as well as a moving picture reel taken on the tour down the Rhine. At the close of the evening the Glee Club will sing some of the songs included in the repertoire on the trip, for their officially invited guests, among whom will be several of the persons who contributed to the trip abroad.

The journey abroad, taking in France, Italy, Germany, and Switzerland proved to be one of the most successful undergraduate undertakings of recent years. The club sailed for France on June 11 and the last groups returned to New York on September 12. An official reception was given them by the Municipality of Paris, they were entertained at luncheon by Marshall Foch, and General Allen, Commander of the American Forces in Germany, sent his boat down the Rhine in order that the men might enjoy the trip down the river from Mainz to Coblenz.