HASTY PUDDING PLAY MANUSCRIPTS DUE SOON

May Be Sent in Any Time Between Now and November 8, to Secretary of Club--Few Rules Relating to Competition--No Music or Lyrics Required

Manuscripts for the Hasty Pudding play competition will be due on November 8, and may be handed in any time from now until that date. Anyone in the University is eligible to the competition. Successful Juniors or Seniors will be elected members of the club, or, if they are already members, will be given suitable prizes. Freshmen or Sophomores will be awarded prizes for accepted work. As in 1920, there will be no competition this year for writing the music or lyrics.

Rules relating to the competition which must be observed are: Only two persons may combine on the book of the play. All manuscripts must be typewritten and must be sent to the secretary of the Hasty Pudding Club, G. M. Appleton '22, Grays Hall.

The club suggests that contestants bear in mind the limitations of the Hasty Pudding Club performances. Accordingly it is inadvisable to plan complicated scenery, or to employ a plot that requires elaborate scenic effects. It must be adaptable to a male cast. No restrictions will be made on the source of the plot, except that archaie or over fanciful settings are not as acceptable as those of a strictly modern nature.

Any further information in regard to the competition may be obtained from Joseph Alger '22 at Apthorp House.