1924 TEAM PLAYS MILTON

OPPONENTS HAVE LOST ONE GAME

The 1924 hockey team will run up against a mighty stiff proposition when they meet Milton Academy's septet this afternoon at Milton. The freshmen have been given some intensive coaching and several hard scrimmages since their defeat at the hands of Exeter on Saturday, but they will have to show a good deal more than has been evident in their play thus far if they wish to come out today on the long end of the score.

Milton has a nucleus of four veterans who were on the team which defeated 1923 last year, three of them, Pope, Harding and Burgess in the forward line, and the fourth Clark at cover point. In Pope, the Academy captain, and even more in Harding at right center the schoolboys have two dangerous men. The latter is the individual star of his team, having scored six goals against Middlesex. The weakest point in the Milton line-up is goal, where Blake, a rather inexperienced player, is the Milton choice to start.

Milton Defeated Only Once

Milton has lost only one game this year, falling before Melrose High, while she has rolled up big scores against her other opponents, notably Middlesex, whom she defeated 7 to 0.

The Crimson will face off with the same men in the line-up that started in the Arena on Monday, with T. F. Sherman at goal, Nelson Cabot on the wing and Corliss Lamont at his new position as right center. The question of a goal guard is still bothering Coach Lombard and he is alternating his candidates for that position, at the same time trying to develop some new man to fill the position.

Yesterday Coach Lombard divided his charges into two teams, sending his first forward line against Team B, which was given W. E. Crosby, S. C. Graves, and T. F. Sherman, the regulars for the defense positions. The second forward line had the better of the short scrimmage, holding the puck in Team A's territory during most of the afternoon's workout. HARVARD 1924.  MILTON. Lee, l.w.  r.w., Pope Phillips, l.c.  r.c., Harding Lamont, r.c.  l.c., Burgess Cabot, r.w.  l.w., Tyler Graves, c.p.  c.p., Clark Crosby, p.  p., Chase Sherman, g.  g., Blake