ELECT CAPTAIN AND ANNOUNCE MANAGER OF 1924 GOLF TEAM

Squad of Eight Practices Three Times a Week on Oakley Course--Several Matches to Be Played Soon

At a meeting held on Wednesday night Robert Morrill Clough, of Reading, was elected captain of the Freshman golf team. Clough started later than the rest of the squad this season, but has already proved himself to be a strong player, getting a consistent 85, or better, on the Oakley course. Richard Lord Frothingham, of Brooklyn, N. Y., was appointed yearling manager soon after the start of the season.

The team will play Brookline High School some time during the coming week, and is also trying to arrange for several other matches. The team is scheduled to meet Yale 1924 on May 30, but as this is the day of the Freshman Jubilee, attempts are being made to place the match either earlier or later.

The squad now comprises eight men who practice at least three times a week at Oakley, the six who will play in the coming matches will be picked chiefly on the basis of their past scores. The following are on the squad: L. F. Bringham, F. I. Carpenter Jr., R. M. Clough, W. J. Fried, R. L. Frothingham, Carroll Harrington, R. M. Klein, and P. O. Stevens.