47 WORKSHOP COMPETITIONS START ON MONDAY, JANUARY 9

Designers of Scenery and Costumes for New Play, to be Produced in March, to Commence Work Next Week

The 47 Workshop will present "Crucible", a play in four acts by J. J. Daly 2Sp., sometime in March. The competition for costume and scenery designs will open Monday morning at 9 o'clock. For a description of the sets and costumes needed, candidates should call at the Workshop office any time after 9 o'clock the following day. Mere drawings of the proposed scenes will not be considered, but actual models, with a proscenium front as a frame, must be submitted. Full lighting equipment, including bulbs and wires, will be required as many of the models entered in the last competition were handicapped by the poor lighting effects of external illumination. Preference in judgment will be given to candidates submitting models for all the sets, but any men who will not have time to compete for all the four may hand in designs for one or more of the scenes. Any men interested in the competition may obtain copies of the play, to be read in the office, at the Workshop after today. Appointments may be made with H. H. Clark, artistic director, and with the author after that date. No designs either for costumes or for scenery will be received after 10 o'clock the evening of February 13.