OFFER FELLOWSHIPS FOR FRENCH UNIVERSITIES

Society of American Field Service Fellowships Announces Open Competition for 15 Awards for Study in Advance Research

The Society of the American Field Service Fellowships for French Universities has just announced an open competition for 15 fellowships in advanced research at French. Universities during the year 1923-24. Fellows may pursue almost any study offered in a modern university. They are required to sail to France in the year their fellowships are awarded and matriculate in a French University, there to pursue their studies in research. From time to time they will send to the society reports of their progress from instructors, and accounts of their work.

To apply for a fellowship a man must be an American citizen of 20-30 years of age, and either a graduate of a college requiring four years for a degree, a graduate of a professional school requiring three years for a degree; or must be 24 years old and have spent five years in a technical industrial establishment. He must be of good moral character and intellectual ability, and be able to use French books for study.

Applications should be made in writing not later than January 1, 1923, on a form provided by the society for that purpose. Along with the application should be sent statements regarding the scholarship record, birth, attainments, and college activities of the applicant. A signed photograph and several testimonials should also be included. Further information as to the fellowships can be obtained from Dr. I. L. Kandel 22 Fifth avenue, New York City.