COLLEGE OBSERVATORY WILL BE OPEN TO PUBLIC FIVE EVENINGS

Astronomical Subjects, Illustrated by Lantern Slides, to be Discussed--Similar Series for Students Later

The College Observatory on Concord avenue is planning to hold during the fall a series of five nights on which the Observatory will be open to the public from 7.30 to 9 o'clock. The following dates have been set: October 13, October 28, November 13, November 28, and December 12.

These evenings are designed for the general public rather than for students, for whom another such series will probably be held later in the season. There will be a short talk illustrated by lantern slides and, if weather permits, telescopic observation. The 24-inch telescope will probably be used. Members of the staff will explain the use of instruments and the work of the Observatory.

The tickets, which will be limited in number, may be obtained free of charge by advance application. The subjects which will be discussed include. "Astronomical Tests of the Relativity Theory", "The Harvard Observatory Station in Peru", "The Large Observatories of the West", and "Scientific Work for the Amateur Astronomer".