HEAR! HEAR!

That an event is international is often made sufficient excuse for its demanding attention. But the meeting between the oldest universities of England and the United States in debate is an international event which has developed public interest, and with cause.

The Oxford debaters come here at the end of an extended trip, during which they have continuously handled the same side of one question. Tonight their case will be perfected. A forceful, able affirmative of the question "Should America enter the League of Nations?" The Harvard team has bent every effort in these opening weeks of the college year to a preparation of the negative. The time has been short, but an exhibition worthy the support of the University is to be expected.

Harvard has met Oxford on the athletic field, on the water, and now in the halls of debate. On each occasion the meeting has developed between the two, mutual appreciation and a better understanding. Today, as antagonists we salute the Oxonians, and we welcome them as good fellows.