WORCESTER SCORES TWO TOUCHDOWNS AGAINST '26

Crimson Held Scoreless, While Academy Team Rolls Up 14 Points--Saunders Stars for Visitors--Makes Both Schoolboy Tallies

Worcester Academy paid off old scores on Soldiers Field Saturday when they swamped the Crimson Freshman team to the tune of 14 to 0. The game was hard played throughout, and the schoolboys won by good team play and ability to hammer the line consistently. Saunders made both touchdowns, breaks being largely responsible for the first and straight line bucks for the second. O'Connell, the visitors' quarterback, kicked both goals.

The first period was devoted to a punting duel, in which Reed featured for the yearlings, his kicking being superior to that of O'Connell. In the second quarter, the yearlings stiffened, and began an offensive that carried the ball from the Freshman 40-yard line to Worcester's 30-yard line. There the 1926 eleven was stopped by a five-yard penalty for being offside, and was held for downs.

Worcester Scores Two Touchdowns

A poor kick by the Crimson and a 15-yard penalty for holding shortly afterwards were important factors in Worcester's first score, which was made by Saunders. Again in the last quarter, the same player, after a hard struggle under the shadow of the goal posts, carried the ball across the yearling line for the second touchdown.

The summary: HARVARD 1926  WORCESTER ACADEMY. Sanchez, Bradford, l.e.  r.e., Guild Potter, Raulett, l.t.  r.t., Pierce Bradford, Watson, l.g.  r.g., Cobb Adie, c.  c., Turner Wheelock, r.g.  l.g., Davis Philips, Fordyce, r.t.  l.t., Harnden Grannis, Gray, Winthrop, r.e.  l.e., Sargisson McGlone, Strafford, q.b.  q.b., O'Connell Reed. Howe, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Stearns LaTullipe, Puffer, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Stearns Cheek, f.b.  f.b., Miller

Score, Harvard 1926 0, Worcester 14. Touchdowns, Saunders 2. Goals, O'Connell 2. Referee, E. E. Allen, of Spring-field. Umpire, A. V. Bratt; of Tufts. Lineman, H. W. Butterfield, of University of Pittsburg. Time, 8-minute quarters.