WAKEFIELD AND DIXON IN SQUASH SEMI-FINALS

Close Match Expected--Former One of Strongest Players in Law School--Has Met Little Opposition So Far--Dixon 1922 Freshman Champion

A close match is expected at 5 o'clock this afternoon when Channing Wake-field 2L. is scheduled to meet W. P. Dixon '25 in the semi-final round of the fall squash racquets tournament. Wake-field is one of the strongest players in the Law School and has had greater experience in the game, since he was a member of the University team during the 1920-1921 season and was runner-up against D. S. Ingalls 3L. in last year's fall tournament. In using his head and in executing clever drop-shots he has already demonstrated his skill. In the previous rounds of the tournament he has had no real test, since he has not as yet lost a game.

Dixon, on the other hand, was hard pressed to win his place in the semifinals from J. H. Douglas 2L., but at the same time displayed a defensive type of play that enabled him to outwit his opponent many times. He was Freshman champion last year.

The injuries sustained by Captain E. M. Dinkle '23 in his recent match with G. D. Debevoise '26 have resulted in a broken nose. An operation will be necessary, which will keep him out of the game for about two weeks.