COL. EUSTACE TO DELIVER ILLUSTRATED LECTURE ON AFRICA AT UNION TONIGHT

HAS MADE SEVERAL TRIPS TO INTERIOR OF CONTINENT

With an exhibition of moving pictures that will occupy the entire length of his lecture in the Union at 8 o'clock tonight, Colonel H. K. Eustace will describe his recent expeditions in Africa. In the course of 27 years' experience in the dark continent, Colonel Eustace has penetrated the interior of Morocco, Algiers, the Soudan, and all the East Coast territories. In connection with his business of procuring elephant tusks, he searched continually for the "graveyards" of the beasts, which were known to exist because no elephant has ever been found dead of old age, but which had never been discovered. After many years of exploration in search of these "graveyards", Colonel Eustace stumbled upon one which was located in a vast swamp.

Relays of over 300 men are necessary to transport the baggage and equipment on his lengthy trips, numerous pictures of which will be shown. In addition to the photographs of wild animals, which will constitute the greater part of his films, he will have thrown upon the screen numerous views of the famous Victoria Falls and other points of scenic beauty.

During the Great War Colonel Eustace served as guide to the British Expeditionary Force which marched on German East Africa. It was largely by dint of his own skill in piloting the army through the jungle that the British were able to attack and capture the German colony from the rear.

The lecture will be open only to members of the Union, but, members may procure from the office of the Graduate Manager before 5 o'clock this afternoon guest cards admitting their friends who are not eligible to membership to the Union. Ladies will not be admitted.