APPLICATIONS FOR YALE GAME CLOSE

Increased Allotment May Not Prove Enough to Satisfy University Wants--Will Not Cut Undergraduate Share

With a total of 40,000 applications from Yale graduates and undergraduates and 30,000 from men connected with the University, there is every indication that applications for the Yale-Harvard game this year will exceed the capacity of the Yale Bowl. All applications from Harvard men will close today at 6 o'clock; under no circumstance will any be received later.

In 1920, applications for only 27,500 Harvard tickets were filled in the Bowl; in consideration of the present increased demand, however, University men will be allowed a greater number this year, ranging up to 35,000 or more, which represents almost a half of the total seating capacity of 76,000.

Last year, with the Stadium taxed to the utmost, a system under which preference was given to graduates proved unsatisfactory. This year, however, no undergraduate will be deprived of his right to three tickets, for the present order of preference gives undergraduates first choice, followed by college graduates, graduate schools students, and graduate schools graduates.

Many Applications Already In

At present 812 applications have been received from undergraduates for single seats in the cheering sections and 836 for two or three tickets. Graduate students have applied for only 212 tickets in the cheering section, but the two seat applications numbering 786 bring the grand total to large proportions. The football squad will probably take some 800 tickets, and various club applications will also take a considerable number.

It is certain that there will be a greater demand than ever before for tickets at the Bowl on November 25, and the H. A. A. made it very clear last night that no men applying after the legal time-limit this evening would be accommodated. Even as it is at present applications will probably exceed the Harvard allotment of tickets, and Major Moore is planning a conference with the Yale authorities with a view to increasing the University's share. What will be done in case the applications exceed the final allotment, has not been decided.