SECONDS LOSE TO PERE MARQUETTE AT ARENA

Practice Scrimmage Ends With Score of 4-0 for K. of C. Team--Latter Too Fast and Experienced--Dole Kept Busy at Goal

The second University hockey team gave way to the Pere Marquette combination by the score of 4-0 yesterday afternoon in a practice game at the Arena. The speed of the victors was too much for the inexperienced seconds, but the latter showed a great improvement in all departments of the game. They displayed better team-work than ever before, while the shooting was greatly improved. About a half a dozen times the offensive combination was able to get far enough by the strong Marquette secondary line to release well directed drives, but each time they were stopped at the goal. The seconds' defence, although able to stand the speedy attack during the first half of the work-out, broke down under the strain.

The game began with a spirited scrimmage in which the Knights of Columbus six had the advantage in speed, but the seconds' cooperation was able to break up most of the attacks before the Marquette wings reached an advantageous shooting position. Those who did get by found another strong opposition at the net, for Dole, repeatedly turned away a shower of hard drives. It was due to his alertness and the counter attacks launched by the forward line that prevented the superior team from scoring till the last half of the work-out.

Synnott was the most spectacular man on the ice and offered the Marquettes' most dangerous threat. Twice he scored after long individual dashes through both the Crimson lines, and more than once he taxed Dole to the utmost. Donahue, the quick Pere Marquette goal tender, was largely responsible for the Crimson end of the score for Lee and Butman were able to slip through their defence several times and drive some futile but well aimed shots at the net.

The summary: PERE MARQUETTE  HARVARD SECONDS Synnott, r.w.  l.w., Hovey, Gardner Scott, c.  c., Butman, Palmer Murphy, l.w.  r.w., Pratt, Leland, Keyes Campbell, r.d.  l.d., Lee Enright, l.d.  r.d., Bancroft Donahue, g.  g., Dole, Brigham

Score: Pere Marquette 4, Harvard seconds 0. Goals: Synnott 2, Murphy, Enright.