STUDENTS TO SUPPORT ARMAMENT REDUCTION

Committee Chosen from 300,000 College Men and Women--To Pledge Support to President Harding--Wormser Will be Liberal Club Representative

Robert Wormser '22, President of the Student Liberal Club, will represent the University on a committee chosen from 300,000 men and women of American colleges which will, on Monday, February 20, confer with President Harding at the White House and will pledge their support to sustained efforts on the part of the United States government for the continued reduction of armaments. Resolutions which have been passed at various colleges will be presented to the President, recommending such courses of action as American participation at the Genoa conference and ratification of the Four-Power treaty. This is the first time a united expression of student opinion in this country has been used to influence governmental policies, and by some it is regarded as the beginning of a movement which will gradually raise the students of America to the position of recognized power that students hold in many European countries.

The deputation will officially represent the National Student Committee for the Limitation of Armaments, an organization originated last fall at Princeton for the purpose of educating student opinion upon the question of disarmament.