FRESHMAN STICK-MEN DOWN ST. MARK'S 6-0

Team-Play of Yearlings Too Much for Individual Stars of Academy Sextet--Caulkins Stars for Blue and White--Game Played at Southboro

Launching a well organized attack, the Freshman hockey team easily forced the St. Mark's sextet into a 6-0 surrender when it sent a smoothly working machine against the Blue and White skaters at Southboro yesterday afternoon. The game was featured by a few individual performances, but it was the superb team-play of the yearlings that rolled up the 6-0 score against the strong opposition.

Caulkins was the most noticeable of the blue jerseyed players and several times his speed was a threatening factor in the St. Mark's line-up, but no indivual play could last long against the Crimson combination. The schoolboys launched a strong attack at the start of the game and the offensive lasted till the yearlings came back with a score by Beals, who tallied after a brilliant dash down the ice. A few minutes later Austin followed with another individual drive and the pressure of the team work was well under way.

It was in the second period that the cooperative playing reached its height and the effort brought fruit in the form of two scores by Peirson after he had received neat passes from forward line men. It was at this point that Caulkins momentarily broke up the attack and drove a futile shot or two towards the Crimson net. But in the last period the yearlings soon curbed the come-back and rained a volley of drives upon Pepper who did some brilliant work at the cage. However, two unexpected shots by Burgess and Mann, both from scrimmages, slipped by him and added the last two tallies to the score.

The summary:

Score: Harvard 1925 6, St. Mark's 0. Goals: Peirson 2, Austin, Beals, Burgess, Mann. Time: Three 12-minute periods. HARVARD 1925  ST. MARKS Peirson, Gibb, r.w.  l.w., Mosley, Harvey Beals, Bonbright, Cordingly, c.  c., Hamlen Burgess, Austin, Mann, l.w.  r.w., Crawford, Lewis Hammond, Chase, r.d.  l.d., Stewart Hodder, Bohlen, Danker, l.d.  r.d., Caulkins Cantillon, Blake, g.  g., Cumings, Pepper