MANY COMING EVENTS ANNOUNCED BY UNION

To Hold Valentine Dance on February 14--Mr. C. W. Furlong to Deliver Illustrated Talk on "Passing of the Old West" on February 23

The Union's fifth bulletin, just out, announces two events to take place before the end of this month and three in March. On Tuesday evening, February 14, will be held a Valentine Dance, open to members and their guests. The whole lower floor of the Union will be thrown open for dancing and sitting out, while Spalding's Orchestra will provide the music. Tickets can be obtained by application in person to the Graduate Manager's office any day between 11.15 and 1 o'clock.

On Thursday evening, February 23, at 8 o'clock, Mr. Charles Wellington Furlong will speak in the Living Room on "The Passing of the Old West," that is, the West of the Oregon Trail, Kit Carson and Buffalo Bill, which has been depicted by Remington and told of by Mr. Owen Wister '82. The talk will be illustrated by slides.

From Thursday, March 9, to Saturday, March 11, the annual convention of the Association of College and University Unions will be held at the Union. Fifteen delegates from as many colleges, members of the Association, will be en- tertained, during their stay here, as guests of the University. Mr. William J. Burns, Chief of the United States Secret Service Bureau, and Captain Daniel MacKay, formerly of the Canadian Royal Northwest Mounted Police, will both address members of the Union some time in March. The date of the Glee Club concert at the Union has not yet been fixed, but will be definitely announced in the next bulletin.

Due to the more favorable conditions in the wholesale market, the restaurant has been enabled to increase its menu and offer a greater variety of food. The management also makes the announcement that the coat room, chiefly intended for the members who use the restaurant, will hereafter be open only between the hours of 12 and 2.30 o'clock in the day time and 5.30 and 8.30 o'clock in the evening