A. W. STAUB TO CONFER WITH STUDENTS ON MISSION COLLEGES

Executive Secretary of American College at Beirut, Syria and Robert College to be at Brooks House March 9

On Thursday, March 9, from 9 A. M. to 5 P. M. Mr. A. W. Staub, executive secretary of the American College of Beirut, Syria and of Robert College of Constantinople, will be at Phillips Brooks House for conferences with all members of the University who are interested in foreign missionary work of any sort.

At present G. P. Hayes '20 is the representative of the Harvard Mission Committee at Robert College. In addition to college instruction work Mr. Hayes has formed and acts as leader of social service work at the college.

Robert College was founded-during the Civil War period by Christopher Robert and Cyrus Hamlin; it is established in Constantinople and has continued to work uninterruptedly even through the course of the late World War. In addition to the classical scientific, and comercial departments there has recently been established and developed a college of Engineering, preparing men for work in mechanical, electrical, civil, and mining engineering. The College encourages students to participate in some form of athletics. Association football is the principal game, while basketball, field hockey, tennis and swimming are also popular. At the present time there are needed by the College an assistant professor of mechanical engineering, an instructor of civil engineering, physical director, and an assistant to the physical director.

All students who desire to arrange for fifteen minute conferences with Mr. Staub may do so by signing up at Phillips Brooks House any time before Wednesday, March 8. All prospective applicants for positions as instructors at either Robert College or the American University of Beirut are advised to consult Mr. Staub.