LACROSSE SEASON STARTS

Meeting at 7 o'Clock This Evening at Varsity Club--Experience Not Necessary for Candidates

The first steps of the 1922 lacrosse season will be taken this evening at 7 o'clock when both University and Freshman candidates report at the Varsity Club. All men interested may attend, as experience is not necessary to insure success. It is a noteworthy fact that the football management in many American colleges, among them, the Army, the Navy, and Pennsylvania have recommended lacrosse as the best possible form of spring training for football men.

The first practice of the year for both squads will be held on Monday evening in the baseball cage at 7 o'clock.

The meeting tonight will be addressed by four speakers. Coach Percy Catton '15 will speak on the requirements that are needed to produce a successful team. Two members of the Graduate Advisory Committee, Mr. Paul Gustafson '12 and Mr. C. E. Masters '08, both former captains of University teams, will speak on the history of lacrosse here as well as on more specific features of the game. Captain H. T. Pratt '22 will take up the question of training and plans for the season.

The schedule for the University team, though not as yet ratified by the Athletic Committee, will include games on the Southern trip with Princeton, Pennsylvania, and the Army, besides the usual league games with Cornell, Hobart, Syracuse, and Yale. An innovation this year will be a game on April 25 with Oxford University.