M. I. T. BASKETBALL TEAM TO BE HOST TO UNIVERSITY FIVE

CAPTAIN McLEISH AND GORDON UNABLE TO PLAY

With but two more contests remaining before the final game with Yale a week from tomorrow, the University basketball team will meet the Tech five at the Walker Memorial gymnasium at M. I. T. this evening at 8 o'clock. The last game of the season for the Engineers who have yet to be defeated on their home court, Coach Wachter's men will be hard pressed to add another name to their list of fifteen victories.

On January 19 the University downed M. I. T. 31-27 at Hemenway in a contest which pushed both fives to the utmost. Since that time the Engineers have played eight games, of which seven have been victories while Harvard has triumphed ten times in 12 tussles. Comparative scores would put the two teams on practically the same basis since both have defeated M. A. C., New Hampshire State, Amherst and Boston University by approximately the same margins. Brown, which the Crimson downed Tuesday by a 31-13 count, has met the Tech five twice, winning the first contest 28-17 but losing the second 27-25.

Neither of the regular Crimson forwards will be able to start tonight. Captain McLeish twisted his ankle in the tilt Tuesday and will probably not be again in shape until just before the Yale game next Saturday. Gordon, the other forward, was also sent to the infirmary yesterday with a recurrence of the attack of grippe which took him out of the game before the Williams contest. Coach Wachter will start Lowenthal and Pallo in the forward berths, with the burden of the foul shooting on the former. Lowenthal has started every contest since Gordon has been out, and has proved a stellar performer, leading the scoring from the floor in every contest.