FOUR KICKING CONTESTS END SPRING FOOTBALL

G. D. Braden '25 Wins Two Competitions and Finishes Second in Another--Coach Fisher Well Satisfied With Showing of Men

The final spring football practice yesterday afternoon was marked by four kicking contests.

In drop kicking, K. B. Lucas '23 showed his superiority over a large field of rivals by making four goals out of five tries, kicking at a difficult angle from the 35-yard line. Lucas is not a regular member of the squad, but has been out for baseball. G. D. Braden '25 was second in this contest with three goals out of five-from the same distance.

In punting, J. H. Dempsey '23 was the best, with Yohnie Ktenas '23 a close second. In kicking-off, G. D. Braden '25 won, with L. W. Post '23 second. The awards in these two contests were based on height, placing, and distance.

In place kicking, G. D. Braden '25 was victor again, putting over four goals out of five from the 30-yard line L. W. Post '23 was second.

Medals will be presented to the winners and runners-up in these contests.

"The spring practice has proved satisfactory in every way," said Coach R. T. Fisher '12, at the close of the day's work. "We have discovered some promising players, whom we did not know of before. Kicking has been particularly stressed, and the results obtained have been very good."