ED. ONE--RAIN.

"When the rain goes a-pitter-patter," the Senior, today, refuses to be downhearted. To tell the truth he had rather looked askance upon the idea of parading about in the hot sun in the garb of a scholar, and the change of program would somewhat relieve his mind. Of course he sympathizes with the families who have come especially for this gala occasion, and he somehow feels personally responsible for the damage done to summer frocks; but Aunt Fanny is really quite comfortable on Brattle Street and an open fire does and to one's rooms.

After all Class Day is Class Day and the bands play just as well under cover as if they were enthroned in the fabricated bandstands which clutter the Yard. Then, too, the irony of celebrating in Sever 11 or the New Lecture Hall cannot fail to stir some feelings within him. It has rained so much in Cambridge during the last four years that a bit of dampness to no surprise anyway, and gives the family its eagerly awaited opportunity to see what Harvard is really like, without the artificiality of white-wash. The happiest thought of all! As the clock of Memorial Towev strikes midnight, there will be no need for the ancient cry "Water more water!" In fact, as the poet has so aptly said.