WORKSHOP TO GIVE OPEN PERFORMANCE ON FEBRUARY 19

Undergraduate Committee to be in Charge of Performance--Tickets to be Put on Sale This Week

For the first time in its history, the 47 Workshop will give a performance of one of its plays, open to undergraduates and to other members of the University. The Workshop, except for a few performances for charity during the war, has always presented its six annual programs to a restricted audience.

This year the company has received so many requests for a performance, open to undergraduates, that it has decided to give on February 19 a public performance of "Catskill Dutch to Her", the second production of the year given by the 47 Workshop in December at closed performances.

"Catskill Dutch to Her" is a play in three acts by Roscoe W. Brink 3G., who is taking English 47a this year. Mr. Brink is also the author of "Down the River", a novel in free verse recently published. The scene designs for the play, by Miss Eleanor Eustis were successful in the first Workshop Scenic Competition of the year.

Undergraduate Committee Chosen

An undergraduate committee in charge of the performance has been chosen and is composed of: B. F. Rice Bassett '25, J. M. Brown '23, R. C. Burrell '24, Vinton Chapin '23, J. G. Flint '23, B. M. Henry '24, Corliss Lamont '24, B. K. Little '23, Charlton MacVeagh '24, B. D. Nash '23, D. M. Oenslager '23, B. Pantaleoni '24, H. H. Reed '23, F. A. O. Schwarz '24. Its purpose is to handle the executive work and to sponser the idea of a public performance.

English 47 was first given as a course in 1907. The plays written by members of the course were produced by the Harvard Dramatic Club until 1912 when the 47 Workshop was established, as a self-producing organization, putting on the plays written by the students. The purpose of the Workshop is to give the students in the two courses a chance to have their plays acted before an audience sympathetic yet genuinely critical. The Workshop Company composed of some thirty selected undergraduates and graduates of the University and Radcliffe and experienced amateurs--are the actors, while the plays are produced by Professor Baker and the authors. The audience, restricted to 400 people besides the members of English 47 and 47a, is composed of people interested in the drama.

Tickets on Sale This Week

This open performance of "Catskill Dutch to Her" will be given on Monday, February 19, at 8 o'clock at Brattle Hall. Tickets will go on sale this week at $1.65 for the floor and $1.10 for the balcony, at the Harvard Cooperative Store, Leavitt and Peirce's, and the 47 Workshop Office, Lower Massachusetts Hall. The list of characters in the play is as follows: Case Steenkeep  F. C. Packard '20 Peetcha, his son  Stuart Masten Sait Wolleben, his sister  Miss Halman Brammy Wolleben, her husband  J. W. D. Seymour '17 Nella-Anne, a "bound-out" girl  Miss Sands Cobby, a negro, one-time slave,  Oviatt McConnell '23 Elder Shauny France  Cecil Rollins Viney Fronce, his wife  Miss Snow Deacon Irey Valter  E. P. Goodnow '17 Irey's-Anne, his wife  Miss Kathleen Middleton Deacon Mauny Tennujch  W. L. Smyser '23 Nautcha, his wife  Miss Morris Deacon Ikey Meyers  Conrad Salinger '23 Malt, his wife  Miss Agnes James