NINE DEBATERS CHOSEN AS RESULT OF TRIALS

Three Men Not Attending May be Added--Definitive Teams to be Selected Later--Will Debate Yale and Princeton on March 23

In the trials held last night for the University debating team nine men were retained, Morton Arnold '25, R. S. Bowers '24, E. J. Casey '25, N. E. Himes '23, S. L. Tait '23, John von Sneidom '26, Philip Walker '25, P. W. Williams '25, and C. A. Zinn '25. Three University debaters who were not able to attend the trials may possibly be added later, and from these men the University teams will be selected. The teams will be coached by C. H. Wheldon 2G., a former member of the University team. On Wednesday evening in Widener U the first meeting will be held at 7 o'clok, and every man will bring a written list of his arguments, both affirmative and negative, which will be grouped according to the main issues.

The question which the University, Yale and Princeton will debate March 23 in the triangular debate is. "Resolved, That the policy of the present administration toward European affairs deserves the support and "approval of this house," the word "house" referring to the audience. The University has the affirmative side of the question at Princeton and the negative side against Yale in Cambridge at Sanders Theatre.