1926 TRACK TEAM TO OPEN SEASON AGAINST ANDOVER

First Year Men Will Be Handicapped This Afternoon by Absence of Competitors in Penn Relays

This afternoon the Freshman track team will meet the Phillips Andover Academy team at Andover in the first contest of the season for both the teams. The first-year men, who will be handicapped by the absence of four of their best runners competing in the Penn Relays today, have shown excellent development during the spring practice and are expected to make a good showing against the strong schoolboy team.

Among the additions to the entries as previously announced is that of N. S. Howe, the Freshman football captain last fall. Howe ran in the 100-yard and 220-yard dashes while at St. Paul's and will strengthen the Crimson in those events. The other additions to the entries are: R. J. Learson, 440-yard man; O. A. Schleikjer, 880-yard man; Edmund Burke, hammer throw; E. O. Sessions, pole vault.

Yesterday afternoon the Whites again defeated the Reds in the second of the informal meets between the two sections of the track squad by the score of 65-52. Thirteen events were run off yesterday, the victorious team winning first place in seven of them, and tying for first in another. Only those members of the squad who are not taking part in the Penn Relays or the Andover meet competed in yesterday's contests.