1927 FOOTBALL MEN TO REPORT FOR WORK TODAY

Coach Campbell and Assistants Will Make Effort to Build Up Permanent System--Outlook for Season Good

Candidates for the 1927 football team will report this afternoon at 3 o'clock in the Locker Building at Soldiers Field for the opening practice of the season.

All men expecting to go out for the Freshman team should bring what equipment they have with them to the field. Before the practice candidates will be given lockers and whatever additional equipment they may need by the managers.

Coach Campbell, who will be assisted by H. W. Clark '23, P. B. Kunhardt '23, R. L. Finley '21, and Mitchell Gratwick '22, coached the 1925 Freshman team and will have charge of the 1927 eleven. His reappointment marks a change in the customary Freshman coaching policy as he will hold his position permanently and will make a serious attempt to systematize the Freshman coaching to correspond with the University coaching system.

The outlook for the season is promising with almost a dozen schoolboy stars expected in addition to the usual material from the smaller preparatory schools. Kilgore and Paulsen, tackles from the Hill School, are expected to shine as well as Zarakov, an Exeter halfback. Miller from Worcester Academy, is particularly promising, being an extremely fast backfield man weighing over 190 pounds. He placed in both of the dashes at the Harvard Interscholastic last spring. Bond, who enters from the University of Maine, should be among the leading center candidates, while Daley, captain at Andover last year, is certain to be a contender for a tackle berth. In addition Coady, who starred at Exeter two years ago, will be among the backfield candidates.