FALL TRIALS FOR MUSICAL CLUBS TO BEGIN MONDAY

Candidates Needed for Instruments and Manager Competition

The Instrumental Clubs, including the Banjo and Mandolin Clubs, Orchestra, and specialties, will hold their fall trials in the Music Building at 7 o'clock on Monday and Tuesday nights. Candidates will be tried individually on any number of instruments, and must be able to play a solo and read at sight. Men playing more than one instrument and those who play the cello are especially needed.

The first practice will be held on Thursday, since the scheduled concerts begin soon. The night before the Princeton football game, the Clubs will participate in a joint concert with the Princeton musical organization. Several over night trips for the club have already been settled and more are being arranged.

The managership competition, which is open to Sophomores, will also begin Monday. The work, which will consist mainly of negotiating for concerts, will last three months, but will not require much time. The successful candidate will become assistant manager of the Instrumental Clubs in his Junior year and manager in his Senior year.