"Aborigenes"

Communications

(The CRIMSON invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility, however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the right to exclude any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

I would like to call your attention to the news report in today's CRIMSON in regard to the Yale-Harvard debate on the Philippine question. Contrary to your reporter's account as to the speeches by the speakers of Harvard's negative team I am sure that these gentlemen will agree with me that no statement to the effect that the inhabitants of the Islands in 1898 were composed of "bushmen" and "aborigenes" was ever made on the platform that evening. That, however, is the way your reporter has chosen to lend glamour to the subject. If such an argument had really been used by the Harvard team, your thinking readers will undoubtedly take, that example as the reason why the judges were of the opinion that as far as good, sound, reliable, argumentative matter was concerned, the Yale men far out-shone the Harvard debaters. MARCIAL P. LICHAUCO '23, II.