BAKER DENIES RUMOR THAT HE IS TO LEAVE HARVARD

The rumor which certain New York papers carried yesterday to the effect that Prof. George Pierce Baker '87, head of the University's famous 47 Workshop, had decided to leave Harvard and continue his work in a New York university was emphatically denied last night by prominent University officials who spoke for Prof. Baker. The latter will himself issue a statement within the next few days to the Workshop Audience explaining his plans for the present year and for 1925.

Although much of the work of the 47 Workshop will be suspended this year pending Prof. Baker's return from his sabbatical leave, the department will resume its activities in full next Fall. Since Massachusetts Hall will not be available, the University is already searching for suitable quarters elsewhere.

Prof. Baker is at present reading the manuscripts submitted in the competition for the Harvard Prize Play for this year. He will leave soon for an extended stay in northern New Hampshire, following which he will spend six months in Europe.

Prof. Baker stated last evening that he had not even received any kind of an offer from the New York university mentioned in yesterday's rumor and fully expected to return to Harvard next Fall to resume his work of dramatic teaching.