TURKEY FEAST MARKS MEMORIAL'S PASSING

Decreased Facilities of Hall Will Be Taxed to Limit--Many Students Plan to Attend--Can Handle 400

Four hundred pounds of turkey have been ordered for dinner at Memorial Hall this evening in anticipation of the throng of students which the management expects to attend the meal that will mark the passing of the University Commons. Manager H. M. Wing told a CRIMSON reporter last night that he will be able to serve 400 men and he expects fully that number to be present. He fears that more may come.

The intention of the management had been to make no particular plans for the closing meals in the time-honored dining hall. When it was learned, however, that scores of students who have not been regular patrons of the Commons intend to dine there this evening, Mr. Wing hastily decided to do his best to accommodate the unlooked for rush.

The meal tonight will be a six-course affair, but there will be no formalities connected with the closing.

Mr. Wing was both surprised and perturbed to learn that the dining hall, so long neglected, is to have its hour of popularity before finally closing its doors. As patronage has dwindled, the management has reduced the kitchen facilities and the serving force in order to minimize the weekly deficit as much as possible. Whether these facilities will be sufficient tonight he is in doubt.

And so, up to the very hour of its going, Memorial Hall is to be a source of worry to the University, not as heretofore, because of lack of patronage, but because of the unfamiliar fear that over-popularity will swamp its resources.