SENIOR DORMITORY APPLICATIONS OPEN

Preference Will Be Shown Only for Large Groups of 12 and 18--Hold Office Hours Until January 14

The 1926 Senior Dormitory Committee announced last night that all the details connected with the allotment of rooms in the Yard Dormitories for the year 1925-26 have been completed, and that office hours will be held daily in the CRIMSON Building beginning today at 12.30 o'clock and continuing until Wednesday, January 14, at 6 o'clock when the applications will close.

The actual draw for the rooms will be held as soon as possible after that time and the announcement of the final assignments will be made at the latest by the first of the following week. As was announced before the Christmas recess, "the allotment will be strictly impartial." The only preference shown will be to the larger groups of 12 and 18, which will stand a better chance in the draw than the smaller groups.

The committee has gone over the situation carefully and does not anticipate the difficulties of former years, when many of the applications have had to be thrown out. The addition of Massachusetts Hall and the two Holden Dormitories will accommodate a minimum of 98 men. The committee will pursue the policy of taking care of the largest possible number of men in each suite. For example, two adjoining rooms in Hollis will go to a group of three, the maximum number that they can accommodate, rather than to a group of two, the minimum. This step is considered to be for the greatest good of the greatest number, as it will cause fewer men to be left entirely out of the Yard.

The general scheme is the same as the 1925 committee adopted last year, but there are a few important changes in detail. These changes make for a fairer allotment, and it is felt by the committee that they are worth the extra trouble entailed for the individual applicants. The chairmen of the several groups will find their duties more complicated than in the past, and the committee has suggested that the chairmen go over the situation carefully with some committee member.

The office hours will be held at the CRIMSON Building from 12.30 to 1.30 every afternoon this week, and from 7 o'clock to 8 every evening except Saturday. Next week the hours will be extended to cover all the afternoon, lasting from 12.30 until 8 o'clock. Sunday office hours will be held only between 7 and 8 o'clock.

The committee will distribute price lists, plans of the dormitories, and application blanks. It will also answer all questions of detail and explain the procedure in full. As all applications incorrectly drawn up will have to be thrown out, the committee recommends that each group chairman be absolutely sure that his application answers all the requirements.